Comment on page
Understand how ComplyCube rate limiting works.
ComplyCube’s API enforces a maximum rate limit of 10 requests per second. For Sandbox requests, the rate limit is 5 requests per second.
These are hard limits that may not be increased. Any request over the limit will return a
429 Too Many Requestserror.
You must implement suitable error handling for
429errors. Using an exponential backoff with a random jitter is the recommended way to handle such errors.
The tips below are some simple suggestions to help reduce the possibility of being rate limited. We recommend:
- Running non-essential or routine batch API jobs outside your peak hours.
- Throttling or avoiding batch jobs.
- Implementing exponential back-off retries with an initial delay of 30 seconds.
- Prioritizing requests that are essential to verify an active user.
- Use our webhooks instead of polling our API.